Enjoy a Variety of Senior Activities at Royal Oaks.
Right on our campus, you’ll find a wide variety of senior activities to suit every interest – or find your new favorite hobby! Immerse yourself in learning opportunities, enjoy everything from crafts and musical enrichment, to intriguing lectures on world events and discussion groups on health topics – you’ll find it here. Our wood shop is a favorite gathering place of craftsmen while the artists linger in our large Gallery. Ask to see those places and our Life Enrichment Center/Auditorium during your visit.
Senior Living Events and Activities for Every Interest.
Senior activities are numerous – in fact, too exhaustive to list each one, but some favorites are noted below. When you visit, ask to peruse our Activities Boards or check out the Learning Tree catalog, where you will see the wide variety of senior living events taking place on and off campus, including:
- In-house concerts and movies
- Cooking projects
- Pet therapy
- Games – board games, cards, poker, puzzles, word games, bunco and bridge
- Bible study and Vespers
- Weekly socials
- Indoor and outdoor picnics with bar-b-que
- Ice cream socials and catered tea parties
- Theme days with guests and performers
- Guest speakers
- Piano, singing, dancing, and professional musical performers
- Outings to movies, restaurants, and dinner theatres
- Spring training and regular-season baseball games
- Cultural outings
- Cruises and other trips around the nation
- Monthly birthday breakfast
- Educational opportunities
- Great Decisions current event program
- The Learning Tree Lifelong Learning program – a “university” program run by residents
If we don’t have a senior activity or club for your interest level, one of our full-time Activities Coordinators will help you start one! Chess, Computers, Men’s, Card, and Craft Clubs are popular on campus and we’re ready to help you begin one to fit your needs, too. And if you have that special “bucket list,” let us help you fulfill it. Our passion is lifelong learning – let us make it yours, too.
Senior Activities to Promote Physical Wellness.
The Evergreen Fitness Center, with certified trainers and state-of-the-art equipment, provides a supportive environment to help you be your best physically. Our indoor lap pool and outdoor walking pool will keep you cool and moving, while regular classes like aerobics, aquatic exercise and yoga are designed to provide maximum benefit while being very gentle on the joints. We encourage each resident to have a personalized fitness program designed at no additional cost.